Re: Single-line comments

No, it seems Brad is speaking here about two specific problems :

    a {
        property: //value;
    }

should not be parsed otherly than { "property": "//value"; } because
'/' is an accepted char for the property values and is actually used
in some of the latest specs.

So, we should accept // only after a break ({, ;) and there's a problem here
because some UA's are collapsing every space char (including line feeds)
to a single space char.

The problem would then become very visible :

a {
    // non-ok : value;
    ok: value;
}

<== UA Optimisation (discarding space chars after the first) ==>
a { // non-ok : value; ok: value; }

So UA's with such optimisation would not be able to apply a // comment.
Or at least, they would need to remove the optimisation.