Re: [cssom][dom-level-2-style] Status of CSSValue and other DOM-L2-Style interfaces obsoleted on www-style

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 19:17:47 +0200, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> From: Anne van Kesteren [mailto:annevk@opera.com]
>
>> Do you have any suggestions? Can Microsoft maybe provide us with an
>> author/editor for CSSOM? :-)
>
> Are you asking me to volunteer ? To be clear, I'm not worried about
> removing these. I know that even I can do that...But I'd like to
> understand the impact of obsoleting this on existing SVG and CSS3 specs
> as well as implementations, why we wanted to obsolete them etc. And I
> think we're talking about DOM L2 Style here, not CSSOM. Right ?

Well, CSSOM is the successor of DOM Level 2 Style (it replaces it). I was
asking for someone to edit the replacement, which admittedly is a lot of
work.

I think the impact on CSS3 proposals is that they need to change. Same
probably goes for SVG. Unless we revert the decision and decide we do want
this terrible API...

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/