Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions TPAC F2F 2009-11-02: text-overflow

Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> Some of the discussion on ellipsis in bidi has continued later, and it seemed
> to be a general consensus that "physical" clipping (removing text as if it was
> scrolled beyond the ellipsis) is preferred to "logical" (removing text that
> wouldn't if remeasured in reduced width -- this may remove text from the middle
> of the line). Most existing implementations do "physical" clipping; IE8 does
> "logical".

This makes sense to me. It also takes care of the "abspos element taken out of
flow in the middle of the bidi run such that ellipsizing logically changes its
position" case.

(The lunchtime discussions weren't minuted, and I wasn't there.)

~fantasai