Re: [CSS21] text-decoration/visibility

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> They treat it identically in standards mode (and correctly per spec, which
> does fully specify this). In quirks mode, Opera's behavior doesn't change
> while Firefox's does; there's a quirk that I can explain if desired.

in standards mode behavior defined in E.2?
"any underlining affecting the text of the element, in tree order of the
elements applying the underlining"

it's unclean for me why text-decoration from invisible ancestor not
affected element:
"The color(s) required for the text decoration must be derived from the
'color' property value of the element on which 'text-decoration' is set."
nothing is said about ignoring this rule on visibility.

quirk mode obvious.