Re: [CSS21] [css3-selectors] Default Attribute Values

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 05:37:49 -0800, Giovanni Campagna
<scampa.giovanni@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/3 fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>:
>> The specs currently say that the UA is "not required to" match against
>> default attribute values. It's unclear whether the UA "may" match
>> against them or is "required not to" match against them.
>
> I'd like it to say that the UA is "required to match against the
> current attribute value, which may include default attribute values if
> the source document has been modified by other means (DTD, XMLSchema,
> knowledge of the namespace)"
> This is similar to *may*, but the dependence is not on the UA
> implementing CSS differently, instead is on the choice between
> non-validating and validating processing and infoset (DOM / ESIS)
>
>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#default-attrs
>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/#def-values

I don't think we have to say anything about this at all. Selectors match
against the resulting tree. What the resulting tree looks like is not up
to Selectors.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/