Re: how to normalize redundant CSS?

Phlip wrote:

> The problem with this approach is CSStidy did not reach into my HTML and
> merge all the redundant style class attributes. That means if the old

If by that you meant that it should rename classes which actually result
in the same style, that cannot be done with properly authored CSS
because no tool can deduce the semantics of a class, and only classes
with exactly the same semantics should be merged.

With badly written CSS, it could make things worse by merging "danger"
and "bold red" into "bold red" when the correct action may be to merge
them into "danger".

--
David Woolley