Re: Cascading Style Sheet Animations?

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:

> CSS Animations are for the case where there really is some animation in the
> current state. For example, on OSX when you launch an application an icon
> bounces in the dock until it has loaded. That animation is very much part of
> the style of the icon at that time - it shows the user that something has
> happened, and it is not a transition between two end point values. Also, the
> duration is not fixed (and therefore could not be achieved by keyframes on
> transitions). Similar examples are the spinning beach ball/pizza or progress
> spinners in web applications.

The beachball is really just an animated image and should be entirely
content IMHO. You can think of a progress spinner as an animated image whose
animation is started and stopped by the application, so perhaps that should
be entirely content too. The bouncing dock icon is the best example yet...

Rob
53:5-6]