Re: [css3-mediaqueries] grammar unspecified?

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 01:36:22 +0900, Andrey Mikhalev
<amikhal@abisoft.spb.ru> wrote:
> "good approximation" which produce yacc syntax error?
> suggest only one basic grammar should be used to define syntax, not both.
> e.g.
> expression
>   : '(' S* media_feature S* [':' S* expr]? ')' S*

Yeah, you're right, that would actually work. For some reason I thought it
would not work, but that is not true. Having said that, you cannot
generate CSS parsers from just the CSS grammar.

>>> btw, generic value ("[ any | block | ATKEYWORD S* ]+") looks like
>>> overkill for mediaquery expressions listed in spec.
>>
>> We could restrict it I suppose, it does not really matter either way as
>> far as I can tell...
>
> thin ice of another issue.
> css generic grammar allow only one [nested] block per at-rule...

Fair enough.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>