Re: New work on fonts at W3C

On Jun 25, 2009, at 12:25 PM, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:

> However, this has nothing to do with using a particular data format,
> and
> can be used with any font, be it raw or EOT with empty root string.
> And,
> this mechanism would not address the other concerns relevant to raw
> font
> use. If I get a URL that looks like
> http://your_domain/fonts/coolfont.ttf - I can click on it and "Save
> file
> as" dialog would pop up - the referrer value wouldn't prevent it.

Actually, now that I think about it, it would prevent it, wouldn't it?
I think that when you do that, the referer header is blank or missing.
I could be wrong; I don't know.

You could also probably snag it from the cache or temporary files, if
the browser saves them that way. And I think they could have a
different extension, like .asp or .php, from the server script that
was used to test the referer and include the font data (or not).