Re: New work on fonts at W3C

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Dave Crossland<dave@lab6.com> wrote:
> I think winning the interest of browser vendors comes through
> suggesting things that will benefit their users, no? :-)

Sure, but I'm pretty sure the browser vendors (or at least some key
ones like Mozilla) have mostly made up their mind about what level of
DRM/metadata storage/obfuscation/etc. is best for users.  It's been
discussed endlessly already, after all, and it's pretty much the same
arguments over and over again.  So progress would require getting
vendors to figure out if a compromise is possible here, and if so,
what it needs to look like.