Re: New work on fonts at W3C

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:44:43 +0200, François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> But if this idea seems acceptable to the UA's builders, I think it could
> be a good solution, too.

To be honest, I don't really see how this proposal is new from other proposals that have been going around.

Also, it seems not all commercial font vendors are taken aback by the lack of obfuscation:

  http://blog.typekit.com/2009/05/27/introducing-typekit/

Seems more worthwhile to wait until browsers with support for OpenType/TrueType are more widely deployed and see what people come up with before discussing/considering yet another format with questionable benefits.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/