Re: [css3-transitions] suppression of transition starting, inheritance

2009/6/11 L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>:
> On Thursday 2009-06-11 17:53 +0200, Giovanni Campagna wrote:

>> > No, since the child elements will still inherit all the values over
>> > the course of the transition, including the one from step (5).
>>
>> That would mean that transition progress causes the process to be
>> reinstantiated, because it triggers a style change?
>
> No, because of what I said in the second paragraph of the
> original message at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Jun/0121.html
>
> It's also clear in the spec that transitions do affect computed
> values: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transitions/#transitions-

I finally see what you mean:
- state changes start the algorithm in your original message
- Transition and Animation only change style, without starting the
process of finding new transaction, but anyway updating the layout and
rendering.