RE: [CSS3 Colors] HSL colors, hue and allowed values, [CSS3 gcpm] CMYK colors and allowed values.

Chris Murphy wrote:

> PDF/A does not require CMYK. Content can be RGB, Gray, Device-N, or
> CMYK, or any combination thereof in a single PDF/A document.

Yes, you are right, PDF/A only requires embedding a proper profile it
does not have to be CMYK. Using e.g. sRGB suffices. I noticed myself
after sending my mail yesterday (it was a busy day).

Take PDF/X-1a then. Same game but requires CMYK.
You asked for an application.

> If CMYK is used, since it is device-dependent, a valid PDF/A must
contain a valid CMYK ICC output
> device profile embedded within it, so that any CMYK content is
effectively device-independent and
> can be viewed correctly.

You might have noticed my note "in conjunction with ICC profiles" in my
mail, did you?

But this part of the discussion leads somehow in a different direction.