Re: [CSS3 Colors] HSL colors, hue and allowed values, [CSS3 gcpm] CMYK colors and allowed values.

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:40:10 -0700, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
wrote:

> I think it's too late for CSS level 3 given that this draft is
> pretty much ready to enter Proposed Recommendation (with
> interoperable implementations), pending a few edits that I've been
> procrastinating.
>
> -David

Using an integer then percentages of that integer to describe HSL is very
intuitive from an author/designer standpoint. It's RGB that's not - and
yes, confusion because in RGB notation it has to be integer or percentage.
That's the only stumbling block in changing author behavior when it comes
to HSL - we work very hard to ensure they understand that in RGB it must
be one OR the other, in HSL it must be the integer of the hue
corresponding to the color wheel, and the percentage of saturation and
light of that Hue. It's really quite sensible as it is, making it more
complex would cause slow-to-adopt problems, not to mention a lot of
potential errors.

Molly

--
Molly E. Holzschlag