Re: [CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders] Proposal for combining border-break and background-break

On Jul 28, 2009, at 1:01 PM, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com> wrote:

>> I wonder if "bounding-box" can be a value for "background-clip",
>> where it would act the same as "border-box", except in cases
>> involving broken boxes and "box-break: each-box"? I haven't put a
>> lot of thought into this idea yet, but it seems like it would work,
>> be simpler than the current draft, and satisfy most or all use cases.
>
> Or something like:
>
> background-attachment: relative(<ancestor-id>);
>
> Yet another idea would be to have a property that established what
> object fixed positioned backgrounds inside the container are fixed to:
>
> background-fixed-container: viewport | self

Not bad. So then 'self' would become the context for background:fixed
of any of it's children, except for children that set their own
background-fixed-container values?

A couple more values would be nice:

background-fixed-container: viewport | self | parent | block-
formatting-context