Re: How can we improve quality of text content rotated using CSS transform?

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Biju <bijumaillist@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can we improve quality of text content rotated using CSS transform.
> I tried in firefox and safari on WinXP, the text content rendered
> using -moz-transform/-webkit-transform looks ugly than same content
> screen captured as PNG then rotated using CSS transform.

This is really an implementation issue and should just be bugs filed against
Firefox and Safari (or Webkit).

AFAIK the underlying problem here, at least in Firefox, is that the Windows
GDI Cleartype renderer rounds the X and Y coordinates of glyphs to integers
before rendering. If there was an easy fix, I'd use it, but I don't think
there is. Rendering the scene untransformed (or possibly with a scale that
approximates the true scale) and then transforming the resulting image would
help in some cases, but not others. New APIs in Windows 7 might help ... but
not for many users in the forseeable future.

Further discussion of this is offtopic for this list, I think.

Rob
53:5-6]