Re: [css3-background] stacking order of border image

On Monday 2009-01-26 21:34 +0100, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> this point. How about just changing the stacking order so that the
> border-image goes to the bottom? This would allow my code to work as

That doesn't work very well since the default value of
background-clip is to clip to the border-box, not the padding-box.
This is both for compatibility with CSS2 and so that the background
appears underneath dotted, dashed, double, or partially or
completely transparent borders.

-David