Re: [css3-background] does border-radius round the border-image ?

On Jan 21, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Bert Bos wrote:

> On Thursday 15 January 2009 21:07, David Hyatt wrote:
>> On Jan 13, 2009, at 11:45 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:
>
>>> By the way, neither WebKit or FireFox (Minefield) are currently
>>> doing any clipping of the foreground when 'overfow' is hidden, as
>>> this text says it should. I agree that they should do so, and maybe
>>> that just hasn't yet been implemented but will be.
>>
>> It will be.  I'm the one who proposed the overflow change in the
>> first place. :)
>
> The text says now: "Other effects that clip to the border or padding
> edge (such as ‘overflow’)". However, 'overflow' doesn't clip to the
> border or padding edge, but to the content edge.

overflow clips to the padding edge.  The scrolling mechanism is placed
in between the border and the padding of an element, so the clipped
area is the padding box.  Content that overflows into the padding box
is not clipped in Firefox or Safari at least (try setting a negative
text-indent to make text spill into the padding area of an
overflow:hidden element to see what I mean).