Re: [css3-values] new editor's draft (and [css3-box])

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  Actually this wouldn't handle the target scenario of never scaling an
> image on client. Being a perfectionist photographer who wants to make sure
> any image scaling is done by the most advanced software, I would still be
> forced to write script that makes sure image size in device pixels is the
> perfect match to intrinsic size.
>
> **

That goal is incompatible with smooth zooming to arbitrary scales, and
adhering to it would be a disaster for media whose resolutions the author
hasn't provided for in advance*. Plus I've never heard anyone express this
desire before. So I feel comfortable ignoring this requirement.

* Unless by "script" you mean using a high-performance JS engine and HTML5
<canvas> to rescale your image on the client using your preferred algorithm.
That would be cool.

Rob
53:5-6]