Re: unit expander

Hi!

Again, from the wrong email-address.
Sorry if this appears multiple times.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
I wrote:
[...]
> T link-type(T,....)
> So the parser must treat this special either look-ahead
> behind link-value, or store the expected value type of the
> property and check it later.

Excuse, i tell bullshit here.
link-value(<rel-value>,<selector>) is fine.
This works like attr(<attr-name>,<type>,<value>).

To get the same possibilities, a third value can be introduced:
link-value(<rel-value>,<selector>,<height-or-width>)

And of course to avoid nested functions:
string-size(<string>,<multiplicator>,<selector>,<height-or-width>)

AFAIR attr(.....,<selector>) was at least proposed before.

> ----
> I like the 'from' proposal because it solves different use cases
> a) access viewport widht & height form anywhere.
>    e.g. height: 70% from :root
> b) correlate lenghts with others:
>    e.g. width: 100% from (table.above)
> c) a more powerful alternative for the rem unit
>    e.g. font-size: 1.2em from .my-reference-container
> d) and likely others that doesn't come to my mind.
>
> ----

Cited only to remind the use-cases...
It is simply more generic as rem,ch,vw,vh,...