Re: CSS Transforms : computed value

L. David Baron wrote:

> I'm curious why it's important to do this for the *computed* value.
>
> Would the need to do this for the computed value also be solved by
> an API that gives you the winning CSS declaration block for a given
> (element,property) pair?

Because we don't deal with transforms only in an Gecko-based environment
where we can retrieve the originating CSS declaration. We also add
scripts to the page we're editing and these scripts should be able to
easily retrieve the transformations applied to a given element. In a
x-browser environement, only computed value is available at this time...

But, yes, as I told Dean, a widely available API to retrieve the source
declaration block would help a lot. As I told Dean, and you witnessed it
by yourself during old css wg ftf meetings, I have requested such an API
at least two or three times. Here we are...

</Daniel>