Re: [css3-page][css3-multicol] margins at page or column breaks

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 6:17 AM, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>wrote:

> Probably it should be changed to:
>    The top margin of the first element and the bottom margin of the
>    last element in the multi-column element will be set to zero.

This doesn't work well when you have content that may be rendered by
browsers that don't support columns. In those browsers, those margins won't
just disappear, they will collapse to form space above and below the
multi-column element (asuming the multi-column element doesn't have border
or padding). So it's more consistent with the non-columns case to allow
margins to collapse through the boundaries of the multi-column element.

Rob
53:5-6]