Re: [css3-background] Computed value of a border-radius property when the specified value triggers radius reduction

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:58:12 +0100, Zack Weinberg
> <zweinberg@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
>>> We could use a spec for getComputedStyle(), though.
>>
>> Well, irrespective of where it gets specified, what should the
>> implementation behavior be? :-)
>
> If we make shorthand properties work I think it makes sense if for
> border-radius all values are given. That the computed style value looks
> like
>
>   1 2 3 4 / 5 6 7 8
>
> basically. Does that make sense?

That does make sense, but I think you totally missed the question. :)
Zack was asking whether the automatic-reduction-of-intersecting-radii
algorithm happens before or after the step that produces output for
getComputedStyle().

~fantasai