Re: [CSS3, border-radius] and now is real fun.

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Andrew
> Fedoniouk<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
>
>> Following figure
>>
>> http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/border-radius-transition-styles-fig.png
>>
>> shows two possible ways (of many) of doing
>> transition on rounded corner between, say, border-style:inset and
>> border-style:outset.
>>
>> What is better and ideologically correct? Any other ideas?
>> Spec [1] is timidly silent about this so asking.
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-css3-background-20080910/#the-border-radius
>>

> As much as the first is *really freaking awesome*, I suspect the
> second is better, because it can be extended to other border-style
> transitions.

Yeah, that is just an illustration of the fact that it is not defined
anywhere.

In general each point on the curve at the corner belong to both borders
(or at least inherit attributes of them).
Slightly dashed and slightly dotted sounds like "slightly pregnant" for me.

Or does CSS allow such state? If "yes" then how. If "no" then also how.
We cannot just be silent about it.
If it is undefined then we need to say so clearly and to provide any
reasonable fall-back. I personally
do not see any other options other than treating corner curves as having
solid color always.
But that's me, AFAIR someone here said that they have a solution and
current rendering in Mozilla is just a bug. So asking.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com