Re: [CSS3, Backgrounds and Borders Module] some questions about border-radius

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can assure you that I will *always* want case (3) rendering in that
>> circumstance.  Both case 1 and case 2 end up with the horrendous
>> effect that colors from my left border show up in what I consider my
>> top border.  In your round-corners-sciter.png image, example 10 is
>> horrifyingly bad and will *never* be the desired rendering of that
>> code, believe me.
>>
>> I'm not sure how to specify this without screwing up your other
>> examples, which are all very attractive and pretty much exactly what I
>> would want and expect (example 9 is weird, but understandable).
>
> I don't think example 9 is rendered right -- I would expect the color
> gradient to extend as far as "case 3" specifies.  But when the inner
> corner is not sharp (cases 1-8), cases 1-3 are indistinguishable,
> because the inner and outer curves start and end on the same lines.  So
> you don't need to worry about that.

but this : "color gradient to extend as far as "case 3" specifies"
will break current spec. that says that transition is limited by
quarter-ellipses of rounded-corners (as far as I understand wording there).

> I find case 4 a little weird.  Is that "border: none" on the bottom?
> For a curved transition to border:none I think it would be better to
> transition only the curve width or only the opacity, not both.  (And we
> should probably pick one and specify it.)

Case 4 has

border-bottom: 0px solid transparent;

Transition to that transparency is what you observe.

Check case #4 in last group here (content updated again):
http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/round-corners-sciter.png

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com