Re: Fwd: Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-08-12

Thanks for reposting it. I wondered why the mail didn't appear in the list.
So, this
is the attachements that made the message too large. I'll need to remember
that.

In between, the discussion has continued to progress, I doubt my message
will
be useful now.

BWT, the correct definition of my proposal seems to be :
>    gradient: <gradienttype> [<gradientcolors>]?

>                // The first point is 'from' and second is 'to', if the
> second argument is an angle
>                // First point is 'center of the radial' and second is a
> point of the 100% circle
>
>        <point> : ('top' | 'bottom')? <length>? ('left' | 'right')?
> <length>?
>                            // top left is by default;top 10% right 5%
> is the point
>                            located at 10% of the top and 5% of the end
> of the gradient image
>        <lenght> : Or should it be <percentage> ?

>                            // First is always at 0%, last at 100%

But as the new syntax has to be an image generator, it would at least
be better to have :

> <gradientcolors> ')'
>
>                // The first point is 'from' and second is 'to', if the
>               second argument is an angle

> <gradientcolors>  ')'
>
>                // First point is 'center of the radial' and second is a
>                point of the 100% circle
>
>        <point> : ('top' | 'bottom')? <length>? ('left' | 'right')?
> <length>?
>
>                            // top left is by default;top 10% right 5%
>                             is the point located at 10% of the top and 5%
>                             of the end of the gradient image
>
>        <lenght> : Or should it be <percentage> ?

>                            // First is always at 0%, last at 100%

That would give a result like :

    background-image:
        linear-gradient(