Re: Gradient syntax proposal

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 17, 2009, at 11:00 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> I would prefer restricting stops to percentages. The swapping effect
> is confusing, and I don't see any reason you'd /need/ to use lengths
> when you can specify the length of the overall gradient already.

I can think of plenty of situations where  I'd want the whole gradient
to be a fixed distance, regardless of box size, and regardless of
angle. I'd like to be able to set that in a simple grammar, using
color-stops only. It's not nearly as simple if the angle is not a
multiple of 90, and I have to use bg-position.