Re: Gradients by angle (was Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-08-12)

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2009, at 3:14 PM, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:

> Now, I'm not sure what the desired behavior for angle gradients is.
> Is it that the gradient extends such that it runs from one corner of
> the background positioning area to the other,

Yes. That was the way I had it defined. Draw a line that is
perpendicular to the specified angle that intersects the opposite
corner, and that's where 100% is.

> which means there may
> not be a single line at the gradient angle that shows the whole
> gradient?

Often the case, depending on angle and box size. But all the colors
are there, and they fill the box.

> Or should there be such a line somewhere within the box,
> and if so, where?

Not neccesarily.