Re: [CSS21] 4.1.3 Characters and case: Number Sign (#) in identifiers

2009/4/27 Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 05:39:11 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>> James Hopkins wrote:
>>>
>>> If this is the case, then #valid#selector would presumably correctly
>>> match the space-separated type ID values, 'valid' and 'selector'.
>>
>> No, but it'd match <node id1="valid" id2="selector"> where both attributes
>> are of type ID.
>
> FWIW, I think we should remove that ability from the DOM. (Don't really care
> whether it's syntactically allowed or not in Selectors.)

Consider that we cannot remove both xml:id and setIdAttribute, because
everything outside widespread languages require this to get an ID
without a DTD or XMLSchema (that are not read by non-validating tools)
Thus we cannot remove the ability to set multiple ids per element.

Actually, I don't see why CSS should consider IDs differently than
classes (so multiple IDs per element should be allowed, and so should
be multiple elements per ID)

> --
> Anne van Kesteren
> http://annevankesteren.nl/