Re: Tabbed Interfaces in CSS

We started from the proposal for tabbed interfaces that was in
Advanced Layout (before it was renamed to Template Layout). Slowly it
developed into a proposal for Advanced User Interface Module and,
basically, the ability to "check" any element by clicking in it (or
pressing return while focused).
That "checking" should set the :checked pseudo-class and remove any
:checked pseudo-class on element that belong to the same "radio-group"
/ "toggle-group" (set by the appropriate property).
I initially argued for "binding", later for "user-select", to avoid
the over-generalization of this behavior.