RE: [Css Variables] Variable Declaration Blocks

I see what you mean. When I read the transcript of the WG
meeting my first thought was that this was how CSS vars died.
It is also sad that some members of the wg would actually like
to see it fail.
I hope this gets sorted out for the best eventually, but I guess
it will take quite a bit longer as it stands now.

Thanks for the work you put into this!
Mike