Re: Selectors Tests

-public-css-testsuite
+www-style

fantasai wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> http://lachy.id.au/dev/css/tests/selectors/pseudo-classes/ui/
>
> Interesting. I'm not convinced that :enabled and :disabled shouldn't
> match <input type="hidden">. Konqueror and Mozilla both make them
> match, so I'd like to check with the CSSWG if that's really the
> interpretation we want before deciding whether to accept your tests.

Opera currently also makes them match, but WebKit doesn't.  However, the
Selectors spec states that:

   Most elements will be neither enabled nor disabled. An element is
   enabled if the user can either activate it or transfer the focus to
   it. An element is disabled if it could be enabled, but the user cannot
   presently activate it or transfer focus to it.

Since a hidden input cannot be activated or have focus transferred to
it, my understanding is that they shouldn't match, which makes WebKit's
behaviour correct, and Opera, Firefox and Konqueror all incorrect.  But
if the intention is for these pseudo classes to match hidden inputs,
then please fix the spec.

> AFAICT WF2 requires them to match, but Selectors' wording implies
> that they don't.

The Web Forms 2 spec is obsolete now that forms have been integrated
into HTML5.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/