Re: Selector Sugar

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> "there's no possible way to do this" is not correct. Try the following:
>
> . . .
>   div span + span { color:red; }

D'oh.  Shows how often I've used the + combinator (practically never).
 Is there really no case that this would open up, though?  Thinking
about it, you can already AND any simple selectors by concatenation.
ANDing + with + or > with > is similar (where it makes sense).  You
can AND > or " " with ~ or + by concatenation.  You can AND " " with "
" or > by manually enumerating all possibilities, e.g., "x z:match(y
z)" by "x y z, y x z, xy z", or "x > z:match(y z):match(w z)" by "w y
x > z, y w x > z, wy x > z, w yx > z, y wx > z, wxy > z" or something.
 + and ~ are similar.

So I guess it might actually not open up any actual new functionality,
unless I'm missing something.