Re: [css3-selectors] Elements that can have :focus pseudo-class

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 18, 2008, at 1:09 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> Brad Kemper wrote:
>>          :window pseudo-class
>> The |:window| pseudo-class represents the element that is the
>> viewport containing the document. In HTML 4, this is the window or
>> frame object of the DOM. There can be only one valid |:window|
>> pseudo-class per selector pattern, as it represents only the most
>> immediate ancestor window object.
>> Examples:
>> :window body { background: red; } :window:focus body { background:
>> green; }
>> /* Cannot determine frame parentage: */
>> :window:window body { /* selects nothing: */ }
>> :window :window body { /* selects nothing: */ }
>
> It would be a pseudo-element, not a pseudo-class.

Yes, I suppose you are right.

> We could consider it for
> Selectors Level 4, but not in Level 3. We're too close to done with 3.

I was afraid you would say that. It's disappointing because I would
have much preferred seeing it much sooner than level 4 is likey to be
standard. Are you sure it can't just be slipped into level 3?

> I'll add this to the list of ideas for 4, though. :)
>  http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/selectors4

Thank you.