Re: [css3-selectors] Elements that can have :focus pseudo-class

Brad Kemper wrote:
> Yes, and my point is that, due to these beginnings, it is still common
> to see window-related on* attributes in the BODY tag, and it is not
> unusual for an HTML author to make a less nuanced distinction between
> the BODY and the window object. So, rather than create a new simple
> selector for WINDOW:focus or VIEWPORT:focus or whatever, it would be
> pretty simple, natural, and understandable for authors to use BODY:focus
> as a parallel to the still-in-use onfocus attribute there. Especially
> considering that BODY:focus isn't otherwise useful for anything now.

1)  That doesn't address non-HTML languages.
2)  It has undefined behavior when there are multiple bodies (should
     they all match?)
3)  BODY:focus can easily be useful in a language that's not HTML
     and where the <body> tag indicates a focusable element.

-Boris