On 11/13/2008 8:05 PM Dave Singer cranked up the brainbox and said:
> At 19:46  -0500 13/11/08, Grey Hodge wrote:
>>To veer off topic for a moment, but CSS, the DVD DRM method is completely and
>>totally ineffectual and has been for the better part of a decade.

> No, it's really not.  You have to go out of your way to find that
> software and use it.

No one in the year 2008 thinks "search Google" is going out of their way.

> You know you are getting around something,
> whereas there is no such knowledge imparted when you copy a CD (and
> what is this 'floppy' you speak of, earthling?).  In the the terms of
> my previous message, maybe it's only a garden gate, but it is there,
> and it does have an impact on the copying of DVDs.

No, it does not, as people use applications like Nero and PowerISO and such to
copy CDs, it's not any different to use Nero or DVDFab to copy a DVD. People
don't know that the app is doing something to the data to enable the DVD copy,
unlike a CD copy.

--
Grey Hodge
 email [ grey @ thecloudygroup.com ]