Gustavo Ferreira wrote:
> Op Nov 11, 2008, om 9:14 PM heeft Levantovsky, Vladimir het
> volgende geschreven:
>>
>> I must respectfully disagree. Existing fonts only expose
>> information on embedding restrictions, all other conditions such as
>> scope of use and distribution, etc., are outlined in the actual font
>> license and are not machine-readable.
>
> i agree with vladimir, current bits do not represent the terms for
> font usage on the web.
>
> this proposal by fontlab attemps to do so:
> http://www.eeulaa.org/open_type.html

How would EEULAA prevent copyright violations? Anybody *must* be able to
add their own EEULAA table to a font because anybody can create their
own font (ignore the quality for now) and they must be able to express
their *own* license for their own font. As such, tools to
add/modify/remove EEULAA information from a font must be available for
public.

If the target is not to prevent copyright violations (implement DRM),
then why are we having this whole discussion on this list?

--
Mikko