Re: [css3-color] Algorithm for opacity needs defining.

On Monday 2003-04-28 21:29 +0100, David Woolley wrote:
> I can't see anything in the comments about the definition of opacity
> being a cut and paste, out of context, from the SVG specification.
> The algorithm needs to be specified.  In particular, it is not a linear
> combination of the foreground and background, because of gamma considerations.

This has been recorded as
http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css3-color#issue-9 and should be
fixed in the editor's draft at
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-color/#transparency and
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-color/#alpha through the reference in
the latter section to SVG 1.1, section 14.2.

If this doesn't address your comment, could you let us know within
two weeks, if possible?

-David