Re: CSS Module Priority

On May 6, 2008, at 8:33 PM, fantasai wrote:

> Linss, Peter wrote:
>>
>> The levels are defined as:
>>
>> High: At least two implementers have expressed very strong interest.
>>
>> Medium: At least two implementers have expressed medium or better
>> interest.
>>
>> Low: At least two implementers have expressed low or better interest.

>> Medium Priority
>>
>>                CSS Snapshot 2007
>>
>>                CSS Namespaces
>
> CSS Namespaces is already implemented by 2+ implementations. How
> does that
> not express strong interest in implementing the module? Or was your
> question
> "how interested are you in seeing this spec" rather than "how
> interested are
> you in implementing this spec", because the Namespaces spec is
> pretty boring...
>
> CSS Snapshot 2007 is a meta-spec. It doesn't define a technology
> that needs
> to be implemented, it puts the various pieces in context. It should
> advance
> in parallel with the specs it references, all of which -- aside from
> CSS
> Namespaces -- are in your "high priority" list.

The current list is based solely on the feedback we've received from
implementers so far and is strictly by the criteria I listed with no
manipulation or massaging of data by me. Given Namespaces
implementation status and that it is currently pending a transition to
CR it is obviously of higher priority and will get bumped to the high
priority section for the charter.

The purpose of this email was to solicit public feedback from
implementers we may not know about and to have an opportunity to gain
advocates for modules at risk of being left behind. Given that, I felt
it was best to publish the data as is so everyone can see where things
stand. Also, we have not yet heard from Opera so some items may shift
upwards once we hear from them.

Peter