Selectors draft should be public (was: Re: [css3-namespace] Last call comments from XHTML2 WG)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:07:59 -0700, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
wrote:
> Fantasai. I know off-list that Hixie has approved the transfer of the
> editors draft into public access, but there are two more people that
> this must also be approved by. Why should this be happening in the first
> place? This is so wrong and has got nothing to do with openness. The
> draft should already have been public since it conception instead of
> being behind a wall of secrecy. No wonder the CSS WG has not publish a
> recommendation in the last 10 year.

Could you explain as to why you feel these two statements are related? I
have a really hard time following your rationale. I don't disagree with
that the Selectors editor's draft should be public, but given that all
changes to the latest published draft have been discussed on this mailing
list it's difficult to understand your assertions. Also, Selectors has
been stable for a long period of time so no major changes are expected
anyway, nor announced, nor planned. (They are for Selectors Level 4.)

(Also, going forward it would be useful if you changed the subject to
something relevant and only cc'ed the relevant lists.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>