Re: CSS Charter (Apple's Wishlist)

David Hyatt wrote:

> Here is a list from Apple regarding what we would like to see within the
> scope of the CSS WG's charter.

Here's my personal (I insist: personal) take about your proposals, from
a pure CSS p.o.v.:

1. transformations change nothing in the behaviour or semantics of an
    element, it's strictly about rendering effects : in scope
2. transitions are even deeper than rendering, they affect the
    way a property value is applied to an element : in scope
3. animations are just a way to apply a set or continuum of various
    property values to an element : in scope
4. CSS Media Queries extensions ; of course in scope

That said, I am not saying anything about the solutions you chose, I am
just saying I have the personal feeling it's perfectly normal to ask the
CSS WG to deal with your proposals.
As a web author, I want these features and I want them as simple to edit
as possible. As a standards guy, I want to make sure (a) we're not
reinventing the wheel (b) we're not going to neglect the HUGE
experience other W3C WGs have on these topics [1] (c) it's intuitive
and simple enough so web authors can edit w/o having to hire an expert
to understand the spec. Point (c) is in my humble opinion already
ok.

[1] for instance on transition collisions...

</Daniel>
--
Co-Chair, W3C CSS Working Group