Re: [CSS21] list marker positions: ltr vs rtl

<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/generate.html#propdef-list-style-positio
> >
> > We have a normative statement here that says
> >
> >  # In right-to-left text, the markers would have been on the right
> >  # side of the box.
>
> Was that really intended to be normative?  It seems to be referring
> to the previous example (else the right side of what box?), so I
> would have assumed it was meant to be part of the example.

I think it was indeed meant to be part of the example.

Nevertheless there is a clear expectation that the list bullet would be
on different sides for ltr and rtl text (even while the exact distance
form the text is explicitly undefined). So I support Fantasai's
proposed addition.

Bert