Re: Opera's Proposal for :context Selector

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> Could you explain why those other specifications are a concern at all,
> and you can't just say the :context pseudo-class matches an element if
> and only if some other specification identifies it as the context ele-
> ment in a given selector evaluation context?

Only because I didn't think of doing it in that way.  I have written a
revised version based on your suggestions.  It will now require both
Selectors API and HTML5 to eventually define which element is the
context element, which won't be difficult if this proposal is accepted.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jul/att-0023/Overview.html

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/