Re: Opera's Proposal for :context Selector

* Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>When I first drafted it, I did try to do something like that.  But the
>problem is that for selecors api, the context element needs to be
>determined based upon which node the methods are invoked on, and for
>scoped stylesheets, it's the parent of the style element.  I failed to
>find any other way to define it clearly enough that would work for each
>case.  If you could more clearly explain how else I can do it, that
>would help a lot.

Could you explain why those other specifications are a concern at all,
and you can't just say the :context pseudo-class matches an element if
and only if some other specification identifies it as the context ele-
ment in a given selector evaluation context?