Re: [css3-background] background-position relative to other corners

Alan Gresley wrote:
> fantasai wrote:
>
>> So then what does background-position: 100px 100px 100px 100px; background-size: 2em 50px;
>> mean?
>>
>> I don't think the interaction between the two properties makes a lot of sense, and particularly
>> since you can get the effects you want with calc() I'm not convinced it's a good idea to adopt
>> this syntax for background-position.
>
> For a box of 400px width and height. The property 'background-size' would tile the background
> image (beginning top left corner for l-r text) by 6 times (after rounding slightly up) along the
> x-axis and precisely 4 times along the y-axis.
>
> background-position: 100px 100px 100px 100px; /* four coordinates */ background-size: 2em 50px;

> Which would repeat the tiled background area which matches the size of the rectangle established
> by the 'background-position' coordinates. I don't really see any use case here.

Ok, we can consider this for CSS4 Backgrounds and Borders if someone turns up with
a good use case. And if we do something like this, it'll most likely be using
rect() or inset() syntax like Brad mentioned, but on the background-clip and
background-origin properties.

~fantasai