RE: [css3-multicol] Overflow and Columns

I am with you here, I don't want two halves of a box separately scrollable. At the same time, we prefer to specify preferred behavior when we can, right?

My concern with not breaking scrollers across columns is that it would either prevent them from breaking across pages, or make column breaks inconsistent with pages.

Maybe:
* in interactive media, elements with overflow:scroll are
  not breakable across columns or pages
* in non-interactive media, UA can choose to clip, overflow
  or break elements; preferred behavior is *X*

(I think preferred behavior is to use scissor pagination in non-interactive case; there isn't interop there though so it could as well be clip)