RE: [css3-background] background-position relative to other corners

At 2:04 AM -0700 2/28/08, Alan Gresley wrote:

>'background-origin' already has the values 'border', 'padding' and
>'content' and the new value would be 'rect'. My initial proposal of
>allowing the 'background-position' property with 4 values is shown
>in these linked test cases.

    I made a different proposal entirely, mostly based on the fact
that calling a property 'background-origin' and then having its
intended effect have little or nothing to do with defining an origin
point seems counter-intuitive at best.  Thus my suggestion to
completely redefine that property and shift what its
currently-drafted values do to a new property with a (slightly) more
intuitively descriptive name.

>Moving on to progressive enchantment using CSS3. Eric, adding new
>background properties doesn't aid authors to use progressive
>enhancement.

    You lost me there, since it sounds very much like you're saying
that progressive enhancement is made more difficult by the addition
of new CSS properties, and that make no sense to me.

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric@meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/