[css3-gcpm] Spacing and alignment of leaders

Forwarding because I accidentally mailed to Brad rather than to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: marbux <marbux@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [css3-gcpm] Spacing and alignment of leaders
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com> wrote:

"Glyphs must not be shown partially, but removing
> *partial* glyphs to fulfill this requirement must not reduce the width of the
> distributed space. The width of the line's content, when possible, should
> thus fill the entire line."

Change last sentence to mandatory form? E.g., "The width of the line's
content must fill the entire line unless impossible to do so."

But should what to do if it is impossible be explicitly stated, e.g.,
set last line of paragraph's content flush left, wrap to second line
with an indent on the left, placing all leaders on the second line?

The suggested text could be understood as calling for full
justification even when it is impossible to place the minimum number
of leaders after a paragraph's ending text, which is non-traditional.
I.e., table of content text should not overlap horizontally with page
numbers or the gutter between page numbers and leaders. So a right
indent for all paragraph content up to the last line containing the
leaders?

Best regards,

Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)

--