Re: [cssom-view] Why is body's offsetParent null ?

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> document.body.getBoundingClientRect().top -
> document.documentElement.getBoundingClientRect().top
>
> or
>
> document.body.offsetTop - document.documentElement.offsetTop

Excerpt from your own spec : "If A is the HTML body element or does not
have an associated CSS layout box return zero and stop this algorithm".

So document.body.offsetTop is always zero and your last proposal above
does not work.

If only the first one is available, that means that for all elements
but document.body, we use A.offsetTop and for document.body, we use
A.getBoundingClientRect().top ??? That's really inconsistent and
painful.

</Daniel>