From: Nikodem [mailto:freyjkell@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:12 AM
To: Dave Crossland
Cc: Paul Nelson (ATC); www-style
Subject: Re: My solution of webfonts problem

By the way: I raised my proposal just because of discussion in
"[css3-webfonts] Downloaded fonts should not..." thread :)

Personally I would like to see the following behavior:

* The fonts in @font-face are like images, stylesheets, and the page
itself - they are only temporatory and not installed in system (as far
as I know, it is also impossible on UNIX platforms as a user other than
root without SUIDs).
* If the font's name collide with system fonts, the @font-face font has
higher priority.

--